- can (15.25 oz.) hunt's sauce for meatloaf
- 2 lb
- ground beef, ground round, chuck or turkey
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1 c
- dry bread crumbs, original
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded colby jack cheese
- 1/2 c
- diced onion
How to Make Meatloaf Surprise
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add 1/2 can of the Hunt's Meatloaf sauce with meat. Add onion, eggs, bread crumbs, and cheese. Mix together. Spray the bottom of a baking dish with with Spam (helps to keep meat from sticking). Pour mixture into baking dish and form a loaf. Take a knife and cut into 4 quarters. Top meat with remaining sauce and spread over it.
- 2Bake for 1 hour. Check after baking time is done. If meat is not quite done in the middle, bake for an additional 5-10 minutes. The cheese will make it very moist. Optional: I take 2 strips of bacon and criss-cross on top of meatloaf in a X formation.
- 3Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.