★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- ground beef (splurge if you can on lean)
- egg, beaten a bit
- 3/4 c
- 1/4 c
- breadcrumbs (i use the canister kind, italian or seasoned)
- 1 pkg
- meatloaf seasoning packet
- 1/4 c
- chili sauce (heinz makes one, store brands work fine too)
How to Make Meatloaf Surprise
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2In large bowl, place the beef. Add the beaten egg. Sprinkle the packet of seasoning in the bowl. Add 1/2 cup of the ketchup. Mix with your hands.
- 3Place the mixture in a loaf pan. (If you use a high fat content beef, consider using a bit of wadded foil or other mechanism to keep the beef away from the fat).
- 4Place in oven for 45 minutes. While it is cooking, mix the remaining 1/4 cup ketchup and 1/4 cup of Chili sauce in a small bowl.
- 5Remove loaf from oven after 45 minutes. Spoon the ketchup/chili mixture over top of loaf. Return to oven for 15 minutes. Dig in!