Meatloaf burger with tomato bacon relish
- two slices white bread, torn
- three eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- one garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound ground chuck
- onion mixture, see above
- grilled french bread
- tomato bacon relish, recipe follows
How to Make Meatloaf burger with tomato bacon relish
- 1soak the bread and eggs in a mixing bowl. Let stand while preparing remaining ingredients. Sauté onions and garlic in the skillet in butter over medium-high heat, about three minutes. Cool five minutes.
Add parsley, Worcestershire, salt and pepper into bread mixture, then mash together.
- 2Mix bread mixture, cooled onion mixture, and ground beef. Divide evenly into four portions and shape to match bread shape. Cover and chill while preparing the relish. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Grill burgers on medium high to 160°, about 4 or 5 minutes on each side. Serve on slices of grilled French bread and top with tomato bacon relish.
- 3Tomato bacon relish:
two strips thick sliced bacon, chopped
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1/4 cup Brown sugar
1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
1/4 cup catsup
1/2 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
sauté bacon until crisp in a frying pan. Add onion and sauté three more minutes. Stir in sugar, mustard, and catsup. Add tomatoes and simmer one minute. Makes about 1 cup.