1 boxrice and vermicelli
1 pkg4-5 lbs ground chuck
1 can(s)tomato paste
1/2 cbrown sugar
1-2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1-2 can(s)tomato sauce
1 can(s)stewed tomatoes or 2 cups fresh peeled and sliced
1 largebell pepper (sliced)
1 largeonion (sliced)
How to Make Meatballs
- Cook rice according to package directions. Sometimes I put the beef flavoring packet in and sometimes I don't. It all depends on what flavor I am after. Let rice cool.
- Mix rice and ground chuck and roll into balls. My mother in law likes big meatballs. I like them a bit smaller. I don't use all the rice in my meatballs, I add whatever I don't put in my meat to the sauce when the peppers are tender.
- Fry them on medium heat gently rolling until browned.
- Mix brown sugar and vinegar in small bowl. Then pour over meatballs. Add tomato paste and worcestershire sauce. Stir around meatballs
- Add tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, mushrooms and stir. If you would like add tomato soup.. as little or as much as you desire.
- Add peppers and onions and simmer until vegetables are tender. Add any rice you have any leftover. Taste test it, if you like it sweeter add more brown sugar.. Or vinegar if you like them a little tangier. I begin with 1/2 cup of each and add more sugar while they are simmering. Salt and pepper if desired.