Meatballs with Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbsirloin steak
1/2 pkgcheddar cheese
1 Tbsponion powder
1 Tbspgarlic powder
1.5 tspcayenne pepper
2 lbground meat (beef, pork, turkey)
1/2onion, finely chopped
1/4green pepper, finely chopped
2 ctomato sauce
1/2 cwhite wine
How to Make Meatballs with Sauce
- Grind sirloin and dice cheese into 1/4" cubes.
- Mix onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper, with the eggs, ground meat and sirloin.
- Roll into 2-1/2 inch balls.
- With a spoon make a hole in the center of each meatball, put in a cube of cheese and reclose the ball.
- Roll in flour and brown.
- Make roux with 2 teaspoons flour and cooking oil.
- Add onions, then add green peppers.
- Add tomato sauce and one can of water.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add meatballs and let simmer until gravy reaches desired thickness.
- Add white wine and stir.
- This can be served over spaghetti or rice with a salad.