Meatballs Stuffed With Pineapple Chunks
1(20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
1 lblean ground beef
2 slicefresh bread, crumbles
1 tspinstant minced onion or a tablespoon of fresh onion
1/8 tspground gloves
2 Tbspreserved pineapple syrup
1/3 cresreved pineappe syrup
1/3 cpacked brown sugar
How to Make Meatballs Stuffed With Pineapple Chunks
- Drain pineapple well, reserving syrup
- Mix together in a large bowl beef, egg, bread crumbs, onion, salt, cloves, allspice and 2 tablespoons of syrup.
- Mold small amount of mixture around each pineapple chunk.
- Place meatballs in 12 X 8 X 2 glass microwave safe dish.
- Cover with wax paper and microwave at high for 4 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and pour off meat juices.
- Stir together 1/3 cup of reserved syrup, ketchup and brown sugar and mix well.
- Poor over drained meatballs and return to microwave and heat at high for 3 to 5 minutes longer or until done.
- *Serve over cooked rice or noodles or eat plain as finger foods.
*Or bake in your oven at 350 as I did until done.