Meatball Sub Casserole
A Sub-Casserole without the buns; well at least for arranging all the ingredients in. Easy and Delicious! Try it! The kids will LOVE it! Your Husband? Oh Yes!!
My son LOVES this! so do I!~~~My son just reminded me, I added mayonnaise as the original recipe called for. We don't like that flavor in ours and no seasoning if you would like just to add mozzarella cheese over the bread (single layer, of course) add some pizza sauce and the meatballs and most of the sauce left saving a little and finish the mozzarella with a touch of Parmesan grated on top!
- frozen italian meatballs (small bag)
- loaf (1 pound) italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 28 oz jar(s)
- (28 ounce) spaghetti or marinara sauce or pizza sauce
How to Make Meatball Sub Casserole
- 1Arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (all of the bread might not be used).
Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning and pepper; spread over the bread.
Place meatballs on top of cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 2Pour sauce over cheese mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
Bake, uncovered, at 350°F degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.