By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 lbextra lean ground beef
1/3 cplain, nonfat yogurt
1/3 cshallots, finely chopped
1/4 cfresh parsley, chopped
1 can(s)tomato puree, 15 ounces
1.5 csliced mushrooms
2/3 cplain nonfat yogurt
2 tspprepared horseradish
1 clettuce, shredded
1 cchopped tomato
4whole wheat pita breads, halved to form pockets
How to Make Meatball Pita
- Spray 12-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix ground beef, 1/3 cup yogurt, the shallots, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Shape into 24 meatballs, each about 1-1/2 inches.
- Cook meatballs in skillet over medium heat about 5 minutes or until light brown on all sides.
- Stir in tomato puree and mushrooms; turn meatballs to coat with sauce.
- Cook about 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until meatballs are no longer pink in center.
- Remove meatballs from skillet.
- Cool sauce 5 minutes; stir in 2/3 cup yogurt and the horseradish.
- Divide meatballs, lettuce, tomatoes and sauce among pita breads.