Ruth Ann Vokac
It is my husband's and daughters' favorite!!
2 lbground round
1/2 cwhite rice
2 clovegarlic, grated
1/4 cmixture of ketchup and heinz 57 sauce
2 tspworcestershire sauce
1 tspseasoned salt
1/4 cparmesan cheese, grated (optional)
1 can(s)stewed tomatoes
1tomato can of water
How to Make Meatball Peppers
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix ground round, diced onions, grated garlic, eggs, rice, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup/Heinz 57 sauce, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese if using. (I usually do this with my hands.)
- Start making meatballs, perhaps 2 inches in diameter. Put the meatballs in a large Dutch oven. Continue until all the meat mixture is made into meatballs.
- Cut the green pepper(s) into strips and place on top of meatballs.
- Add the stewed tomatoes over the peppers, letting them flow through your hands, squeezing them. Or cut them with kitchen scissors as you add them. Add one tomato can of water.
- Cover and put pan in the oven. Bake 1- 1 1/2 hours or until meatballs are very soft.
Serve with a green vegetable and perhaps macaroni and cheese.
- These meatballs freeze well. Cover with some of the liquid and vegetables in a freezer container.