Meat Loaves Italianos1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 3/4 c
- oats, quick or old-fashioned, uncooked
- 8 oz
- tomato sauce
- 2.5 oz
- ripe olives, canned, sliced, drained
- egg, optional
- 1 Tbsp
- instant minced onion
- 1/2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp
- salt, optional
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1/8 tsp
- garlic powder
- 2 oz
- part skim mozzarella cheese, grated
How to Make Meat Loaves Italianos
- 1Heat oven to 375.
- 2Combine oats, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, 1/4 cup olives, egg, 1 teaspoon onion, Italian seasoning and salt.
- 3Add ground beef, mix lightly but thoroughly.
- 4Shape to form four 4x2-inch loaves; place in 8-inch square glass baking dish or 9-inch glass pie plate.
- 5Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until meat is done; drain.
- 6Combine remaining tomato sauce, olives, onion and garlic powder; cook over low heat 3 to 5 minutes or until hot.
- 7Spoon sauce over meat loaves; sprinkle with cheese.
- 8Bake 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- 9MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Prepare meat mixture and shape into loaves as directed above.
- 10Place in 8-inch square glass baking dish or 9-inch glass pie plate.
- 11Cover with wax paper.
- 12Microwave on high 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink, rotating dish once.
- 13Drain. In a 2-cup glass measuring cup combine remaining tomato sauce, olives, onion and garlic powder.
- 14Microwave at high 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until hot.
- 15Spoon over meat loaves; sprinkle with cheese.
- 16Microwave at high 1 minute or until cheese is melted.