Meat Loaf Italian Style1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 ozpizza sauce
1/2 cchopped onion
1/2 cgreen bell pepper, chopped
1/3 cdry bread crumbs, seasoned
1/2 tspgarlic salt
1.5 lbground beef
1 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
How to Make Meat Loaf Italian Style
- Reserve 1/3 cup pizza sauce; cover and refrigerate.
- In a mixing bowl combine remaining pizza sauce and egg.
- Stir in onion, green pepper, bread crumbs, garlic salt and black pepper.
- Add ground beef and mix well.
- Fold meat mixture into a loaf and place on 3 foil handles.
- Transfer loaf to any size crockpot.
- Cover and cook 8 to 10 hours on low or 4 to 6 hours on high.
- To ensure doneness insert meat thermometer into center of loaf and internal temperature should read 170.
- Spread loaf with reserve 1/3 cup pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and let cook 15 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- Using foil strips, lift loaf from crockpot and transfer to a serving plate.
- Discard foil strips.
- Foil handles: Tear off three 20x3 inch strips of heavy foil or use regular foil folded to double thickness.
- Crisscross the foil strips in a spoke design.