Meat Loaf Italian Style1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 8 oz
- pizza sauce
- egg, beaten
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 1/2 c
- green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 c
- dry bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp
- 1.5 lb
- ground beef
- 1 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- foil handles
How to Make Meat Loaf Italian Style
- 1Reserve 1/3 cup pizza sauce; cover and refrigerate.
- 2In a mixing bowl combine remaining pizza sauce and egg.
- 3Stir in onion, green pepper, bread crumbs, garlic salt and black pepper.
- 4Add ground beef and mix well.
- 5Fold meat mixture into a loaf and place on 3 foil handles.
- 6Transfer loaf to any size crockpot.
- 7Cover and cook 8 to 10 hours on low or 4 to 6 hours on high.
- 8To ensure doneness insert meat thermometer into center of loaf and internal temperature should read 170.
- 9Spread loaf with reserve 1/3 cup pizza sauce.
- 10Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 11Cover and let cook 15 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- 12Using foil strips, lift loaf from crockpot and transfer to a serving plate.
- 13Discard foil strips.
- 14Foil handles: Tear off three 20x3 inch strips of heavy foil or use regular foil folded to double thickness.
- 15Crisscross the foil strips in a spoke design.