Meat Loaf (Another really good one)
- 2 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1 can(s)
- evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed)
- 2 slice
- bread (i used whole wheat) (torn in small pieces)
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 medium
- carrots, peeled, finely minced (chopper or food processor)
- rib of celery w/o top, finely minced (chopper or food processor)
- 1 medium
- onion, peeled, finely minced (chopper or food processor)
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1/2 c
How to Make Meat Loaf (Another really good one)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Put broken pieces of bread to soak in the evaporated milk while you do the rest of the preparation.
- 2Beat eggs with a fork till yellow and smooth. Combine separately, then add parsley, basil and italian seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 3Break ground beef down with your hands. Pour in the milk and bread mixture, add the onion, celery and carrot. Pour in the ketchup. Add the seasonings and mix well until all is distributed throughout.
- 4Divide into two and place each half in a separate loaf pan. Most ground beef (even lean) will produce enough fat when cooking that you don't need to grease the pan.
- 5Bake for 1 hour. Test to ensure beef is done-by looking at the center to see if it is still too red. It should be done. Remove from the oven. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes before removing by lifting it out of the pan with a spatula to a serving platter. Garnish with mashed potatoes and cooked vegetables of your choice (optional)