Meat Balls -- Italiano
Fried Chicken is my favorite accompaniment, whenever spaghetti is placed in front of me.
To me, the two just go together.
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 lb
- ground pork
- 1 1/2 c
- bread or cracker crumbs - unseasoned
- medium to large onion diced fine
- 3 Tbsp
- italian seasoning dry
- 1 Tbsp
- parmesan cheese - grated
- eggs uncooked
- 1 tsp
- salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
How to Make Meat Balls -- Italiano
- 1Mix all ingredients in large bowl or food processor. I use a large bowl and mix and mash all together with a wire potato masher. Starting with the raw eggs on top of everything. You could use your hands.
- 2When everything is well mixed and distributed, form into golf ball sized balls. Should make between 15 and 20 balls.
- 3Then saute, brown and cook in large frying pan to which you have added a little olive oil and butter. Turn often until well cooked. Or rustle the pan and they will turn and cook evenly.
- 4Place on paper towels to absorb oil. Serve with favorite sauce or refrigerate or freeze a portion. These freeze well for a couple of months..
- 5Note: See my Spaghetti Sauce -- Italiano. My Baked Spaghetti -- Italiano will be added soon, utilizing these ingredients.