Mean and Lean Beef Stroganoff
3/4 lbbeef round steak, cut 1/2" thick, trimmed
1 Tbspcooking oil
2 csliced fresh mushrooms
1 cdry sherry
1/2 tspinstant beef bouillon granules
8 ozplain lowfat yogurt
1 Tbspall purpose flour
2 chot cooked rice
·snipped fresh parsley, optional
How to Make Mean and Lean Beef Stroganoff
- Partially freeze the steak.
- Thinly slice across the grain into bite-size strips.
- In skillet, brown meat, half at a time, in hot oil for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove meat from skillet.
- Add sliced mushrooms to the skillet; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Remove mushrooms.
- Add sherry, water and bouillon granules to the skillet; bring to boiling.
- Cook, uncovered, over high heat 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Combine yogurt, flour, sugar, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Stir the low fat yogurt mixture into the liquid in the skillet; stir in meat and mushrooms.
- Cook and stir over low heat until the mixture is thickened and heated through; DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Sprinkle the beef stroganoff mixture with snipped parsley, if desired.