- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 3 medium
- unpeeled potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium
- onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 c
- frozen peas
- 1-1/2 c
- sliced mushrooms
- 1-1/2 tsp
- salt, optional
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- sesame seeds
- 3 Tbsp
- butter or margarine, melted
How to Make Meal-in-One Casserole------Diabetic
- 1In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink: drain.
- 2Grease a 2-qt. baking dish. Place potatoes in it and top with the beef and onion.
Place the peas in the center,and arrange mushrooms around the peas.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper and sesame seeds.
Drizzle with melted butter.
- 3Cover and bake at 375* for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender
- 4NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS:
One serving (prepared with lean ground beef and reduced-fat margarine and without salt) equals 391 calories, 231 mg sodium, 41 mg cholesterol, 33 gm carbohydrate, 29 gm protein, 16 gm fat
2 starch, 1 meat, 1 vegetable.