Mary's Mmmmm Meatloaf
I usually double the recipe and put one (uncooked) in the freezer for later.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The sweetness of the sauce makes this recipe really special. I prepared it without the optional green chilies and jalapenos, but may give that a try next time! The Test Kitchen
1 1/2 lblean ground beef (grass-fed preferred)
1 - 8 oz can(s)tomato sauce
1/2 sleeveritz crackers (crushed) - do not substitute
1/2 Tbspgarlic powder
1/2bell pepper (chopped)
4 slicessandwich cheese (cut in small pieces)
GLAZE FOR TOP
1/4 cbrown sugar
1 tspprepared mustard
How to Make Mary's Mmmmm Meatloaf
- Beat egg and blend in the tomato sauce and garlic salt. Add cheese, chopped onion, bell pepper, RITZ crackers, and ground beef. Thoroughly squish together with hands (yes, it is messy)
If you don't want to get your hands messy, do as my friend did - put it all in a food processor and mix.
- Spread in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove and drain off fat. Poke holes in the top and pour glaze on top.
- Return to oven and bake 10 minutes.