12 ozground beef chuck
12 ozsweet italian sausage
1 largeegg, beaten
1 1/2 cchicken broth
2 Tbspunsalted butter
12 ozbaby portebello mushrooms, sliced
1 Tbspall purpose flour
1 cmarsala wine
How to Make Marsala Meatballs
- Preheat broiler. Combine ground beef, sausage, breadcrumbs, egg, 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Mix until combined.
- Form into meatballs (about 2 inches) and arrange on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until browned, about 7 minutes
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pan over high heat. Add the mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until the mushrooms are softened, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with flour and stir to coat. Stir in wine and bring to boil. Add 1 cup chicken broth and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the meatballs. Simmer stirring occasionally for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over noodles, mashed potatoes or pasta.