Marinated Skirt Steak Fajitas
- juice of 1 lime
- garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin
- jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1/4 c
- cilantro leaves
- 1 lb
- trimmed skirt steak
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 7 inch flour tortillas, warmed
- sour cream
- red onion, sliced
- lime wedges
- red bell pepper, sliced
- green bell pepper, sliced
- yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 - 1/2 c
How to Make Marinated Skirt Steak Fajitas
- 1In a food processor or blender combine the lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, jalapeno and cilantro leaves and process until pureed.
- 2Alternatively, combine the lime juice and oil in a bowl.
- 3Finely chop together the garlic, cumin, jalapeno and cilantro and whisk into the juice and oil mixture.
- 4Pour the mixture over the steak and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat charcoal grill or stovetop grill pan. Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- 6Saute or grill bell peppers til softened and flavor develops.
- 7Grill the steak for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until cooked to desired degree of doneness.
- 8Transfer the steak to a cutting surface and allow to stand for 5 to 8 minutes.
- 9Cut steak across the grain into thin slices or chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 10Serve immediately with warm tortillas and accompaniments.