Mariachi Beefballs and Rice1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 lb
- ground beef
- 1 c
- corn chips, crushed
- 1/2 c
- 1 large
- egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tsp
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- unbleached flour
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 c
- onion, sliced
- garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp
- chili powder
- 1/4 tsp
- powdered cumin
- 19 oz
- can tomatoes, undrained
- 4 oz
- can green chiles, drained
- 1/2 c
- sliced ripe olives
- mexican rice
- 1 pt
- sour cream
- 4 oz
- can chopped green chiles
- 3 c
- cooked seasoned rice
- 1/2 lb
- monterey jack cheese, cut into strips
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
MEXICAN RICE INGREDIENTS
How to Make Mariachi Beefballs and Rice
- 1In large bowl, lightly combine ground beef with corn chips, milk, egg and 1 teaspoon salt.
- 2Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3Shape into 15 meatballs, using 2 rounded
tablespoons meat mixture for each.
- 4Lightly roll meatballs in 2 tablespoons flour, coating completely.
- 5In large frying-pan, cook meatballs in hot butter, half at a time, stirring until evenly browned.
- 6Remove meatballs from frying-pan as they are browned.
- 7In same frying-pan, cook onion and garlic about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 tablespoon flour and 1 teaspoon salt, chili powder and cumin.
- 9Stir into onions.
- 10Add tomatoes, green chiles and olives.
- 11Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat, cover tightly and cook slowly for 30 minutes.
- 12Add meatballs to tomato mizture, cover tightly and cook slowly for 20 minutes.
- 13Uncover and continue cooking slowly 10 minutes.
- 14Serve meatballs and sauce over hot mexican rice.
- 15MEXICAN RICE: Combine sour cream, chiles and salt.
- 16In 13 x 9-inch baking pan, layer 1 cup cooked rice, 1/2 sour cream-chili mixture and 1/2 cheese strips.
- 17Repeat layers and top with remaining cup of rice.
- 18Bake in 350 oven for 25 minutes.
- 19Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and top with meatballs and sauce.
- 20Continue baking for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.