Mariachi Beefballs and Rice1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbground beef
1 ccorn chips, crushed
1 largeegg, slightly beaten
2 1/2 Tbspunbleached flour
2 conion, sliced
1garlic clove, crushed
1 tspchili powder
1/4 tsppowdered cumin
19 ozcan tomatoes, undrained
4 ozcan green chiles, drained
1/2 csliced ripe olives
MEXICAN RICE INGREDIENTS
1 ptsour cream
4 ozcan chopped green chiles
3 ccooked seasoned rice
1/2 lbmonterey jack cheese, cut into strips
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
How to Make Mariachi Beefballs and Rice
- In large bowl, lightly combine ground beef with corn chips, milk, egg and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Shape into 15 meatballs, using 2 rounded
tablespoons meat mixture for each.
- Lightly roll meatballs in 2 tablespoons flour, coating completely.
- In large frying-pan, cook meatballs in hot butter, half at a time, stirring until evenly browned.
- Remove meatballs from frying-pan as they are browned.
- In same frying-pan, cook onion and garlic about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 tablespoon flour and 1 teaspoon salt, chili powder and cumin.
- Stir into onions.
- Add tomatoes, green chiles and olives.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat, cover tightly and cook slowly for 30 minutes.
- Add meatballs to tomato mizture, cover tightly and cook slowly for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking slowly 10 minutes.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over hot mexican rice.
- MEXICAN RICE: Combine sour cream, chiles and salt.
- In 13 x 9-inch baking pan, layer 1 cup cooked rice, 1/2 sour cream-chili mixture and 1/2 cheese strips.
- Repeat layers and top with remaining cup of rice.
- Bake in 350 oven for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and top with meatballs and sauce.
- Continue baking for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.