Mamma Mia Meatballs
I'm adding my recipe for meatballs at my husband's request. You can use your own recipe if you don't use frozen. My recipe makes about 28 meatballs.
100 smallfrozen meatballs (5/8 ounce size)
1 chot pepper jelly
1/4 cworcestershire sauce
1/4 cbrown sugar
MY MEATBALL RECIPE
1 lbground sirloin
1 csaltine cracker crumbs
1/2 tsppotlatch seasoning (has pepper, salt, garlic, cumin)
1/2 tspspicy garlic seasoning
How to Make Mamma Mia Meatballs
- Place meatballs in a very large baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine jelly, worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Stir in ketchup and return to a boil. Lower heat and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour sauce over meatballs; stir to coat well. Bake meatballs for 25-30 minutes, until sauce is somewhat reduced.
- Place meatballs and sauce in a large slow cooker on low to keep warm while serving. Serve with toothpicks.
- To make my meatballs: Beat egg and add to meat and cracker crumbs with seasonings in a large bowl. Mix well with hands until all combined. Form into 1-1/4" meatballs. Place on foil-covered baking sheet. Bake at 400° about 15 minutes.
- Chris Langel gave me a recipe for potlatch seasoning!
2 tsp. salt, 3/4 tsp. ground cumin, 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, crushed, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. chili powder, 1/8 tsp. white pepper = about 4 tsp.