mama's wake up burger
michelle 'FLAME' kelley
THIS RECIPE WILL FEED TWO HUNGRY PEOPLE. DOUBLE OR TRIPLE THE RECIPE TO FEED MORE.
1 lblean ground beef or ground turkey
2 slicethick slice of mozzarella cheese (about 1/8 in.thick)
2 slicetomatoes. (beefier the better)
2 largebaby lettuce leaves,ice burg is good
1/2 csaute` mushrooms
2 slice1/8 in. thick from a large red onion
2 largemed fried eggs,yokes broken when fried(less mess)
1/8 tspeach salt and pepper
2 largecheese hamburger buns, onion rolls will also work slightly toasted
How to Make mama's wake up burger
- Form two 1/2 pound patties with the ground beef. the leaner the better on the meat. cook to taste. i like mine pink but juices running clear. set on a cookie rack with paper towels below to catch the juices. let drain well. before placing on bun drop back on grill or in pan for three second on each side.(just enough to warm not cook)do not over cook!
- toast your cheese rolls till lightly brown and set aside on two plates.
- spread mayo on both halves of the buns. place. take a pinch of each salt and pepper and sprinkle on both halves of the buns.
- lets stack the deck. on the bottom of the deck place your lettuce,now place your patty. then your cheese,tomato,onion,mushrooms and finally your egg. top with your bun.
- serve hot with a side of steak fries lightly seasoned. a nice pickle on the side not on the burger is a great friend to this burger.