Mama's Beef Tips and Gravy
It's Southern comfort food at its finest. Serve it over rice, but homemade mashed potatoes are the best accompaniment, along with my Stir and Bake Rolls!
- 2 lb
- sirloin tip roast
- 2 pkg
- onion soup mix
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 c
How to Make Mama's Beef Tips and Gravy
- 1Cut roast into cubes (Hint: if roast is slightly frozen, it's easier to cut into cubes).
- 2Place cubed sirloin tips in a pot (cast iron is Mama's favorite method but any oven-proof pot will do).
- 3Sprinkle soup mix over the sirloin tips. Combine soups with water and pour over the top.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 2-3 hours. Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes (my favorite).
- 5Note: you can make these in a crockpot if you prefer. Cook on low for several hours and test the meat by spearing it with a fork. If it's falling apart, it's ready!
- 6Another note: you could use sirloin tips that are already cut into cubes but it's generally cheaper, if you don't mind the extra work, to buy a sirloin tip roast and make your own.