Mama's Beef Tips and Gravy
It's Southern comfort food at its finest. Serve it over rice, but homemade mashed potatoes are the best accompaniment, along with my Stir and Bake Rolls!
How to Make Mama's Beef Tips and Gravy
- Cut roast into cubes (Hint: if roast is slightly frozen, it's easier to cut into cubes).
- Place cubed sirloin tips in a pot (cast iron is Mama's favorite method but any oven-proof pot will do).
- Sprinkle soup mix over the sirloin tips. Combine soups with water and pour over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 2-3 hours. Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes (my favorite).
- Note: you can make these in a crockpot if you prefer. Cook on low for several hours and test the meat by spearing it with a fork. If it's falling apart, it's ready!
- Another note: you could use sirloin tips that are already cut into cubes but it's generally cheaper, if you don't mind the extra work, to buy a sirloin tip roast and make your own.