Mama's Beef Stew
First time I made this for my husband, he loved it and he is a really picky eater. Anytime I have stew meat in the house, he tells me that I have to make my Beef Stew.
Note: You can also use canned peas, green beans, carrots & corn if you like. I have tried with both and frozen tastes better.
2 lbbeef stew meat, cubed & cut in half
12 ozbag of frozen corn
12 ozbag of frozen peas
12 ozbag of frozen green beans
6 mediumpotatoes, cut in bite size pieces
114.5 oz can of delmonte diced tomatoes w/ basil, garlic, & oregano
1 largeonion, finely chopped
2 pkgbeef stew mix
4beef bouillon, cubes
2 tspsalt and pepper
2 pkgbrown gravy mix (this will thicken the sauce)
1 pkgchopped mushrooms
3 Tbspgarlic salt
How to Make Mama's Beef Stew
- Brown meat on stove in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients (except the brown gravy mix), in a Dutch Oven or a very large pot. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Stir every 30 minutes, so it will not stick to the pot.
- Cook uncovered on medium high for 1 hour to let the veggies cook and then turn the stove on low and then add the cooked meat.
- Mix in the 2 packages of brown gravy mix.
- Cook for another hour.
- If you want to add noodles or rice you can. But it tastes good without.