Mama Robin's Filet Bernaise
I use this on special occasions, birthday dinners and any time I want to roll out the red carpet for someone special.
This is definately a 5 star, blue ribbon dish!!
- filet mignon (1 for each guest)
- 1/2 lb
- mushrooms, fresh
- 1 clove
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- white wine
- yellow onion (optional)
- dijon mustard
- bernaise sauce
How to Make Mama Robin's Filet Bernaise
- 1Saute mushrooms in butter, garlic & white wine (onions optional here). Remove from skillet & save pan juices.
- 2Prepare Bernaise Sauce. If you can make your own, bravo! If not, you can buy a mix (or can) at the store. Set aside.
- 3Saute filets in the skillet you cooked the mushrooms in for no longer than 5-6 minutes per side.
- 4Remove steaks to plates and top with a layer of Dijon mustard, Bernaise Sauce and finally the mushrooms. Serve immediately.
This makes a beautiful presentation (you can add asparagus spears on top if you like) and your guests will think they've gone to culinary heaven!!