Malaysian Stir-Fried Beef with Vegetables1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbflank steak
1 tspbrown sugar
5 Tbspsoy sauce
1/4 cpeanut oil
1 ccauliflower, small florets
1/2 cgreen pepper, thinly sliced
1 ccarrots, matchstick size
1 cmushrooms, thinly sliced
1 cbean sprouts, fresh
2 tspginger, finely grated
2 tspminced garlic
How to Make Malaysian Stir-Fried Beef with Vegetables
- Place the steak on a flat surface and, using a
sharp knife, cut against the grain into slices about 2-inches wide.
- Slice each piece of steak horizontally into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Stack the slices and cut into 1/4 inch strips.
- Add the cornstrach to the steak and toss to coat.
- Place the steak in a bowl and sprinkle over the sugar and soy sauce.
- Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok or large skillet and add the cauliflower, green pepper and carrot.
- Cook, stirring, until crisp-tender.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds longer.
- Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry for a few seconds longer.
- Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok or skillet.
- When it is very hot, add the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, for a few seconds.
- Add the steak and cook, shaking the wok and stirring the strips of steak to separate them and cook evenly, about 1-2 minutes.
- Return the vegetables to the wok and toss quickly over high heat, then serve.