Mac n cheeseburger pie
Please note, I've just come across a recipe that is almost identical to this, in "Sandra Lee's Semi-homeade" Recipes. Her's calls for meatloaf, and deli mac n cheese.
- 1 pkg
- meatballs (flavor of your choice)
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- yellow mustard
- 1 can(s)
- golden mushroom soup
- 1 pkg
- homestyle mac n cheese (i use kraft)
- frozen roll out pastry dough
- 1-2 c
- your favorite cheese (i used colby jack shredded)
- 1 large
- can frenches frenchfried onions (do not use generic, it's not as good)
How to Make Mac n cheeseburger pie
- 1Pre heat oven to 350 F
- 2Cut thawed meatballs into quarters, mix with the ketchup, mustard, and soup, and set aside.
- 3Cook your mac and cheese, while this is cooking, roll out your pastry dough, and line a 9x11 clear baking dish with it. Cut pieces to fill the "holes". So that it covers the whole baking dish, much like you would a pie plate.
- 4After the mac n cheese is done (you've followed the directions on the box), Layer the meatball mixture over the bottom of the pastry covered baking dish, follow with a layer of cheese, then the mac n cheese, then cheese again, and top with french fried onions.
- 5Bake uncovered until the onions are brown, and pie dough is done, aprox. 10-15 min.
- 6You can add bacon bits/pieces to the mac n cheese as an added flavor.