1 lbhot breakfast sausage
4 can(s)diced, peeled tomatoes with peppers & onions
2 can(s)pinquito beans with sauce
2 Tbspchili powder
1 tspred pepper flakes
How to Make Lucky Becky's Chili
- Brown and drain hamburger and sausage together. (At this point, if you want, you can add diced celery and red and green peppers - just cook them with the hamburger and sausage.) Drain and put in crock pot.
- Add all canned ingredients (without draining either the tomatoes or beans).
- Add the spices to taste, but be careful - after they simmer, their flavor will be stronger. I sometimes add just a tablespoon or so of vinegar - it actually seems to kick up the taste of the spices.
- Cook in crockpot until all ingredients are hot. You can serve it at this point, but you can also let it simmer for a couple of hours to tenderize the meat.
- Serve it with your favorite toppings!