Louisiana Roast Beef1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 conions, finely chopped
3/4 tspblack pepper
1/4 ccelery, finely chopped
3/4 tspminced garlic
1/4 cbell peppers, finely chopped
1/2 tspdry mustard
2 Tbspunsalted butter
1/2 tspground cayenne
4 lbboneless sirloin roast
1 tspwhite pepper
How to Make Louisiana Roast Beef
- In a small bowl combine the onions, celery, bell peppers, butter and seasonings, mix well.
- Place roast in a large roasing pan, fat side up.
- With a large knife make 6 to 12 deep slits in the meat (to form pockets) down to a depth of about 1/2 inch from the bottom; do not cut all the way through.
- Fill the pockets to their depths with the vegetable mixture, reserving about 1 tablespoon of the vegetables to rub over the top of the roast.
- Bake uncovered at 300 until a meat thermometer reads about 160 for medium doneness, about 3 hours.
- For rarer roast, cook until thermometer reads 140.
- Serve immediately topped with some of the pan drippings if you like.