London Broil with Raspberry-Balsamic Sauce
425 calories, 12 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 24 g protein
- 1/2 c
- dry red wine, divided
- 1 c
- balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced, divided
- 2 medium
- shallots, minced, divided
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil, divided
- 2 lb
- london broil steak
- 1 1/2 c
- raspberry preserves
How to Make London Broil with Raspberry-Balsamic Sauce
- 1In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the wine, 1/2 cup of the vinegar, half the minced garlic, half the minced shallots and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Add steak, seal bag, and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade, discard marinade. Pat steak dry with paper towels. Brush steak with 1 tbsp oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place steak in grill pan. Cook 8 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 4-5 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer registers 125°F. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, for the sauce, in a small saucepan heat remaining 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add remaining minced shallots; sauté until soft. Add remaining garlic, cook 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium; add remaining 1/4 cup wine, remaining 1/2 cup vinegar, and raspberry preserves. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes or just until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Thinly slice steak across the grain. Place slices on a warmed serving platter, drizzle with sauce, and serve.