Liver & Onions with Gravy
- 6-8 slice
- bacon, cooked, save drippings
- 5 medium
- onions, vidalia, peeled, sliced thin
- 1- 1/2 lb
- beef liver
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- kitchen bouquet or gravy master
How to Make Liver & Onions with Gravy
- 1Fry bacon, drain on paper towels; set aside.
Cook onions in bacon drippings until slighlty carmelized. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl; set aside.
- 2Mix flour with salt and pepper, dredge liver in mixture.
Fry Liver in remaining bacon drippings for about 1-1 1/2 minutes per side. Remove liver and set aside.
- 3Add onions and water to drippings in the pan, cover and simmer until gravy is as thick as you like.
Add 1 teaspoon gravy master or kitchen bouquet for color. You can add a little more water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- 4Put liver back in skillet with gravy and onions and make sure it is heated all the way through.
- 5I serve with mashed potatoes and a slice of bacon.