Liver & Onions with Gravy
6-8 slicebacon, cooked, save drippings
5 mediumonions, vidalia, peeled, sliced thin
1- 1/2 lbbeef liver
1/4 call purpose flour
1 tspkosher salt
1/2 tspfreshly ground black pepper
1 Tbspkitchen bouquet or gravy master
How to Make Liver & Onions with Gravy
- Fry bacon, drain on paper towels; set aside.
Cook onions in bacon drippings until slighlty carmelized. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl; set aside.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper, dredge liver in mixture.
Fry Liver in remaining bacon drippings for about 1-1 1/2 minutes per side. Remove liver and set aside.
- Add onions and water to drippings in the pan, cover and simmer until gravy is as thick as you like.
Add 1 teaspoon gravy master or kitchen bouquet for color. You can add a little more water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Put liver back in skillet with gravy and onions and make sure it is heated all the way through.
- I serve with mashed potatoes and a slice of bacon.