Liver and Onions perfect every time !
1 pkgcow liver
1 1/2 cflour
·salt and pepper to taste
2 tspgranulated garlic
1 largeyellow onion sliced
2 tspwhite sugar
1 Tbsppowdered garlic bread seasoning
·milk as needed
·olive oil or butter for frying
How to Make Liver and Onions perfect every time !
- First off rinse liver in cold water. Put in bowl,pour enough milk in to cover the liver. Let soak at least 2 hrs. More if you have time
- Put flour in a pan big enough to dredge the liver in. Add the salt and Pepper, garlic and powdered garlic bread seasoning to the flour mix well so that it is evenly mixed.
- Slice onion, put butter in skillet on medium heat. When warm put onions in and stir often,when start to turn light brown then add sugar. Keep stirring often until medium brown. Set aside.
- Warm butter in skillet med/high. Dredge liver in flour mix, pushing down to make sure it is completely covered. Add to warmed pan. Cook until golden brown.Just lift edge of liver to see if browned. When it is turn over and do same to other side. DO NOT OVER COOK...golden is the key word here.
- As second side of liver is browning, turn onion on to warm. Top liver with the caramelized onions and serve !