Liver and Onions perfect every time !
- 1 pkg
- cow liver
- 1 1/2 c
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp
- granulated garlic
- 1 large
- yellow onion sliced
- 1/3 c
- 2 tsp
- white sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- powdered garlic bread seasoning
- milk as needed
- olive oil or butter for frying
How to Make Liver and Onions perfect every time !
- 1First off rinse liver in cold water. Put in bowl,pour enough milk in to cover the liver. Let soak at least 2 hrs. More if you have time
- 2Put flour in a pan big enough to dredge the liver in. Add the salt and Pepper, garlic and powdered garlic bread seasoning to the flour mix well so that it is evenly mixed.
- 3Slice onion, put butter in skillet on medium heat. When warm put onions in and stir often,when start to turn light brown then add sugar. Keep stirring often until medium brown. Set aside.
- 4Warm butter in skillet med/high. Dredge liver in flour mix, pushing down to make sure it is completely covered. Add to warmed pan. Cook until golden brown.Just lift edge of liver to see if browned. When it is turn over and do same to other side. DO NOT OVER COOK...golden is the key word here.
- 5As second side of liver is browning, turn onion on to warm. Top liver with the caramelized onions and serve !