Lisas' Hot Italian Meatball Sandwiches1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbgood quality ground beef
1/2 lbground pork
1/2 ccorn flake crumbs
1/4 cevaporated milk
2 Tbspdried onion flakes
18 ounce block mozzarella cheese
1 tspitalian seasoning
2 cpizza sauce
6 slicemozzarella cheese
6submarine sandwich rolls
How to Make Lisas' Hot Italian Meatball Sandwiches
- Combine beef, pork, crumbs, milk, egg, italian seasoning and onion.
- Mix well and form into 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Cube the mozzarella into 1/2" cubes.
- Press 1 cube into each meatball, cover well with the meat.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- In a saucepan heat the pizza sauce.
- Add meatballs and warm through.
- Slice a V shaped lengthwise cut into sub rolls.
- Use the cut out for breadcrumbs later.
- Pile down the cut 5-6 meatballs.
- Spoon on sauce and lay a slice of mozzarella cut in half so it covers the length of the roll on the top of the sandwich.
- Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly.