Lisas' Hot Italian Meatball Sandwiches1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- good quality ground beef
- 1/2 lb
- ground pork
- 1/2 c
- corn flake crumbs
- 1/4 c
- evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp
- dried onion flakes
- 8 ounce block mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 2 c
- pizza sauce
- 6 slice
- mozzarella cheese
- submarine sandwich rolls
How to Make Lisas' Hot Italian Meatball Sandwiches
- 1Combine beef, pork, crumbs, milk, egg, italian seasoning and onion.
- 2Mix well and form into 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
- 3Cube the mozzarella into 1/2" cubes.
- 4Press 1 cube into each meatball, cover well with the meat.
- 5Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- 6In a saucepan heat the pizza sauce.
- 7Add meatballs and warm through.
- 8Slice a V shaped lengthwise cut into sub rolls.
- 9Use the cut out for breadcrumbs later.
- 10Pile down the cut 5-6 meatballs.
- 11Spoon on sauce and lay a slice of mozzarella cut in half so it covers the length of the roll on the top of the sandwich.
- 12Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly.