Lincoln's Birthday Meat Log1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 lbground beef
1.5 csoft bread crumbs
2 Tbspinstant minced onion
1/2 tspbutter, crumbled
1egg, lighly beaten
8 slicesharp cheese
6servings instant mashed potatoes
1 tspservings instant mashed potatoes
How to Make Lincoln's Birthday Meat Log
- Mix together beef, bread crumbs, onion, margarine, salt and pepper.
- Beat egg until bubbly.
- Add 2/3 cups milk to meat mixture and mix gently but thoroughly.
- Shape into 9x12" rectangle on wax paper.
- Using paper to lift meat, roll into 9" cylinder.
- Place on a shallow pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Prepare instant potatoes.
- Add butter, onions and salt to potatoes.
- Beat egg yolks.
- Add milk to potatoes.
- Take meat loaf out of oven and frost with mashed potatoes.
- Return to oven 10 minutes longer.
- Place cheese on top and put under broiler until cheese melts.