Lebanese Meat Loaf
1 cbulgur wheat, uncooked
2 conions, coarsely chopped
1 lblean ground beef or lamb
1/2 tspfreshly ground black pepper
1/2 tspcumin, ground
1/2 tspcinnamon, ground
1 tspkosher salt or to taste
1/3 cfresh parsley, chopped
·peppercorns, whole black
1 cplain yogurt
How to Make Lebanese Meat Loaf
- Place bulgur in a fine strainer and rinse thoroughly with cool water.
- In a food processor, finely chop the onions. Add beef, 1/2 cup water, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon salt. Whirl until mixture is a smooth paste.
- Add bulgur and 1/4 cup parsley; whirl just to mix.
- Pat meat mixture evenly into a shallow 1- to 1 1/2-quart casserole. Cut through meat mixture to make diamonds 2 to 3 inches wide. Place a peppercorn in the center of each diamond.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 425° oven until meat is no longer pink in center (cut to test), about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and add salt to taste.
- To serve, cut diamonds apart and accompany with yogurt.