Layered Enchilada Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
1 can(s)whole tomatoes (14 1/2 ounces)
1 smallonion, cut into pieces
1garlic clove, minced
1/2 tspground red pepper
1 can(s)tomato paste, 6 ounces
1 lbground beef, browned
2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Layered Enchilada Casserole
- To prepare sauce, blend tomato and their liquid with onion and garlic in a blender or food processor.
- Pour into medium sized sauce pan.
- Add red pepper, salt and tomato paste.
- Heat to a boil; then simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place 3 tortillas in bottom of crock pot.
- Layer on tortillas 1/3 of the ground beef, 1/3 of the tomato sauce and 1/3 of the chedder cheese.
- Repeat each layer two more times.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.