★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 lbground beef
1/2 lbregular sausage (such as jimmy dean in the tube)
26 oz jar(s)of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 3/4 c(15 oz) ricotta cheese
24 ozcontainer of cottage cheese
1egg, slightly beaten
1/2 tspdried basil leaves
12pieces of american beauty oven ready lasagna, uncooked
4 cshredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
How to Make Lasagna
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet, brown ground beef, and then brown ground sausage. Drain. Add meats together and mix in spaghetti sauce.
- In small bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, egg, and basil.
- In 13x9 baking dish, spread approx. 3/4 cup meat sauce.
- Place 3 pieces uncooked pasta crosswise over sauce. Pieces should not overlap or touch side of pan since they will expand when baked.
- Spread about 2/3 cup ricotta cheese mixture evenly over pasta. Spread about 3/4 cup mean sauce evenly over ricotta cheese covering pasta completely. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 two more times. Top with remaining 3 pasta pieces. Spread remaining meat sauce completely over pasta, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove foil, bake 10 to 14 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.