KYLE'S SHEPARDS PIE
His mother bought him Shepard's Pie in a restaurant when he was little.
So I asked some VERY specific questions and did a little JAP research...and VOILA~
KYLE'S SHEPARD'S PIE
1 1/2 ccarrots - sliced or chopped small
1 1/2 cfrozen peas
2 lbground beef
1 largeonion - chopped
·salt and pepper to taste
·pan drippings from browning meat & onions
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
12 ozbeef broth
·shredded cheese for the top
How to Make KYLE'S SHEPARDS PIE
- Boil and mash potatoes as usual.
- Add peas and carrots to 9 x 13 dish.
Add a little water and micorwave 15 min..till carrots are tender.
- Brown ground beef with garlic and onion.
Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the meat & onion from pan..and layer on top of vegies in dish.
- Add butter to pan drippings and heat to a bubble.
Add flour and using a wire wisk..stir constantly while browning.
Add broth and worcestershire sauce a little at a time..stirring constantly till thickened to gravy consistancy.
- Pour gravy on top of meat layer.
Spoon mashed potatoes on top of meat/gravy layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees till cheese melts and potatoes brown a bit.
Put a cookie sheet under the dish before baking in case it bubbles over in the oven.