Kraut Burger Pockets-Annette's
You can make your own dough, use hot roll mix, Rhodes rolls or just about anything you can stuff the filling in. Here, I decided to use up 2 cans of Grand Biscuits. They are so yummy.
Recipe and photos are my own.
2 can(s)grands biscuits (16 total)
2 lblean ground beef
1 largeonion, chopped
1 ccheddar cheese, finely shredded
Lots ofgourmet garlic (garlic salt and parsley)
Lots ofground black pepper
How to Make Kraut Burger Pockets-Annette's
- Preheat oven to temperature on Grand Biscuits.
- Chop onion and add it to ground beef in a skillet. Season it VERY WELL with gourmet garlic and ground black pepper. (The seasoning is what stands out in Kraut burgers and Runza's, especially the black pepper)
- When ground beef is just about done, open and drain the sauerkraut VERY well. I put mine in a collander and use a fork to push down on it to get all the liquid out. Add it to the ground beef and stir to incorporate.
- When filling is done. Remove from burner and set aside.
- Get out your biscuits and open them up. Prepare a surface to roll them out. I do not use any flour on my rolling pin or the surface since there is butter in the biscuits they don't tend to stick. You may want to do one can at a time and leave the other one in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- ***These are great to eat plain but they are also great dipped in mustard, ketchup or horseradish sauce.***