Korean Skewered Beef1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- sirloin steak
- clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 c
- soy sauce
- 1/4 c
- sesame oil, olive oil, or other cooking oil
- 1/4 c
- green onions, minced
- sesame seeds, toasted
How to Make Korean Skewered Beef
- 1Thinly slice steak into 1-inch wide strips.
- 2Dip strips into a marinade made by combining garlic with rest of ingredients.
- 3Now dip in crushed toasted sesame seeds to cover the meat completely, and return to the marinade for an hour.
- 4Weave on bamboo sticks and broil quickly, or, if you prefer, fry quickly in a little oil.
- 5(The sesame seeds are toasted by cooking slowly in a heavy skillet, until brown,then crushed in a mortar or heavy bowl, with salt--the mixture should not be smooth.)