Korean Skewered Beef1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbsirloin steak
1clove garlic, crushed
1/2 csoy sauce
1/4 csesame oil, olive oil, or other cooking oil
1/4 cgreen onions, minced
1sesame seeds, toasted
How to Make Korean Skewered Beef
- Thinly slice steak into 1-inch wide strips.
- Dip strips into a marinade made by combining garlic with rest of ingredients.
- Now dip in crushed toasted sesame seeds to cover the meat completely, and return to the marinade for an hour.
- Weave on bamboo sticks and broil quickly, or, if you prefer, fry quickly in a little oil.
- (The sesame seeds are toasted by cooking slowly in a heavy skillet, until brown,then crushed in a mortar or heavy bowl, with salt--the mixture should not be smooth.)