Kitty's Salsbury Steak
If you decide to use an egg in it, cut back just a bit on the soup that is mixed into the meat. I think the soup is important to the taste, but this will be up to you.
- 1 lb
- ground chuck
- 1 medium
- or so, onion
- 1 can(s)
- campbells cream of mushroom soup, divided
- 12 dash(es)
- (shakes) of lea and perins sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice
- bread, as crumbs. i put this in the food processor, those little ones that cost about $15 at the walmart are great for this and onions
- you may also want to add an egg, but that is up to you
How to Make Kitty's Salsbury Steak
- 1Form into about 5 little loaves and place into a corning wear or other covered dish and mix together the remaining soup, with water enough to make the soup not so thick and about another 10 or 12 dashes of the Lea and Perins (or more if you like). I like it to look almost caramel colored. If you dont add the Lea and Perins, the dish is really rather blah tasting. This one ingredient really makes the taste pop! I hate to say that I dont measure the Lea and Perins, I just shake and mix until it gets to the deisred color I want. So I say do it as per your taste.
- 2Bake at 350 degrees, covered for at least 30 minutes and then uncover and continue cooking to let the "gravy" cook down to the desired thickness. Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans or any other veggies that you like...