Kitkat's Corned Beef & Cabbage
Vanessa "Nikita" Milare
5 lbcorned beef brisket
6peppercorns or packaged pickling spice
3carrot, peeled & quartered
3onion, peeled & quartered
1green cabbage, medium-size quartered
4 Tbspbutter, melted
CREAMY HORSERADISH SAUCE
1 1/2 csour cream
3 Tbsphorseradish sauce
How to Make Kitkat's Corned Beef & Cabbage
- Corned Beef: Place the corned beef in a pan with the peppercorns or pickling spice & cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer for 5 hours or until tender. Skimming occasionally.
- During the last hour, add in the cabbage. Then the last 15 mins add in the carrots & onions.
- Place brisket on a cutting board & slice across the grain. Place on serving platter & ladle some of the cooking liguid over the meat. Place the veggies next to the meat.
- Serve with fresh cooked rice.
- Creamy Horseradish: Combine the sour cream & horseradish. Season with salt to taste. Serve on the side.