Kitkat's Corned Beef & Cabbage
Vanessa "Nikita" Milare
- 5 lb
- corned beef brisket
- peppercorns or packaged pickling spice
- carrot, peeled & quartered
- onion, peeled & quartered
- green cabbage, medium-size quartered
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 3 Tbsp
- horseradish sauce
- 1 tsp
CREAMY HORSERADISH SAUCE
How to Make Kitkat's Corned Beef & Cabbage
- 1Corned Beef: Place the corned beef in a pan with the peppercorns or pickling spice & cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer for 5 hours or until tender. Skimming occasionally.
- 2During the last hour, add in the cabbage. Then the last 15 mins add in the carrots & onions.
- 3Place brisket on a cutting board & slice across the grain. Place on serving platter & ladle some of the cooking liguid over the meat. Place the veggies next to the meat.
- 4Serve with fresh cooked rice.
- 5Creamy Horseradish: Combine the sour cream & horseradish. Season with salt to taste. Serve on the side.