King Chuck Roast
Because my Husband has a restricted diet. I omit the potatoes and cook sauteed Spinach with Olive Oil to compliment the dish.
How to Make King Chuck Roast
- 1In a frying pan, mix olive oil, Sea Salt and Pepper. Heat pan on medium high. Pan Sear both sides of roast, making sure you have a golden brown on each side. This normally only takes 5-10 minutes, depending on heat.
**If you are adding minced garlic, add garlic to saute pan at this time.
- 2Clean Carrots, peel and slice into 2" wedges. Do the same with the Onion. Clean Celery, cut into 1/2" pieces. Clean yellow Potatoes, cut into quarters. Set aside.
- 3Heat oven to 350 degrees. Using large deep sided roasting pan, add 1/2 cup of wine and 1/2 of water to pan.
- 4Place Roast into pan, arrange carrots, potatoes, onion and celery around the roast in the pan. Cover with Foil.
- 5Bake for 3 to 4 Hours, depending on size of Roast. I normally cook mine for 3-1/2 hours at 350 degrees.
- 6You can make gravy, just remove roast and veggies when done cooking. Spoon off grease. Add remaining juices to a saucepan, adding 1/2 teaspoonfuls of CornStarch, with water to mixture to thicken. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.