Kim's Award Winning Chili
1 pkgbear creek's "darn good chili" starter
1/2 to 1 lblean groun beef
1 largeonion diced
1 can(s)tomato sauce (8 oz)
1 1/2 tspgarlic powder
1 tspold bay seasoning
4 tspground cumin
2 1/2 Tbspbrown sugar
1 can(s)black beans (15 oz)
1 can(s)petite diced tomatoes (15 oz and i prefer red pack brand with sweet onion in them)
How to Make Kim's Award Winning Chili
- Follow preparation directions and simmer time on Bear Creek package (adding the 8 oz can of tomato sauce instead of tomato paste as the package calls for).
- While that is simmering, brown ground beef with diced onion and drain fat.
- Once both chili starter package and browned ground beef are ready combine together.
- Add all of the spices, the brown sugar, can of black beans and can of petite diced tomatoes. Stir well to incorporate everything into chili.
- Add pinch of cinnamon (you only need a teeny amount because it will over-power the chili), so be careful!
- Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes if desired, otherwise it's READY to eat!