- beef roast, to fit crock pot
- 1 pkg
- italian dressing mix
- 1/3 c
- pickled jalapeno (like the kind used in nachos)
- 1 to 2 pkg
- dry onion soup mix
- water (enough to cover roast)
How to Make Kicked up a notch French Dip
- 1Place the roast in the bottom of the crock pot. Cover completely with water. Add dressing mix and package of onion soup. Add Jalapenos with a little liquid (maybe a teaspoon) (With large crock pots and extra water, add the second package).
Cover and cook in crock pot high for 4 or 5 hours. Or if you are not going to be back til much later, low heat will work for more hours. Meat should slightly pull apart with fork.
- 2Remove roast from crock pot and let rest an hour or so. Slice as thinly as possible and return to the liquid in crock pot. Let warm with low heat for another half hour.
- 3Serve beef on a very toasty and crunchy French or Italian bread. and a small bowl for the juices as the dip.