- slab of beef ribs ( i seperate mine into 2 bone segments)
- 1 c
- kahluaor (coffee flavored liqueur)
- 1 1/2 c
- barbecue sauce (recipe below)
- 1 bottle
- chili sauce
- 1/4 c
- cider vinegar
- 1/3 c
- dark molasses
- 2 Tbsp
- all-purpose rub (see recipe below)
- 2 Tbsp
- black pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- hickory liquid smoke
How to Make Kahlua Beef Ribs
- 1Set your grill for indirect cooking on medium heat.
- 2To make the sauce: stir in all ingredients to combine. Simmer for 10 minutes, Remove from heat to cool. will keep in refridgerator for about a week.
- 3For the all-purpose rub: 2 pkts of McCormick chili seasoning, 3 Tbsp granulated garlic, 1 Tbsp salt, 1 Tbsp all purpose seasoning, 2 Tbsp sugar. Combine all ingredients.
- 4In a saucepan, combine barbecue sauce and Kahlua. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Set aside 3/4 cup for basting.
- 5Place ribs, meat side down on a roasting pan and cover with the remaining sauce. Cover pan with aluminum foil and place on grill away from heat. Cover grill and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. ( I use gas, but i fyou are using charcoal, you may need to add more briquettes to the pile after an hour or so.
- 6Carefully remove ribs from pan and place meat sides up on grill. Baste with reserved sauce (I keep a little for dipping as some like extra sauce); grill 15 minutes. Turn and baste; grill for additional 15 minutes.