Just Your Basic Beef Brisket
How to Make Just Your Basic Beef Brisket
- 1Do not trim the brisket. Cut in half and freeze as much as you don't care to use at one time. But do plan on a very very large pan because the juices will be excessive.
- 2Use enough foil, wrapped end to end to encase the entire brisket. If you seal it tight enough it won't leak, but otherwise seal the pan. The idea is to trap the liquid to the meat.
- 3Douse with the liquid smoke. About 1/4 cup at least but don't be afraid. Drizzle with the Worchestershire sauce, sprinkle with plenty of salt and lots of pepper.
- 4Slice an onion top and the garlic and chipotle powder. Seal as tight as you can. Let sit for 30 min. while oven is heating.
- 5Heat oven to 250. This is SLOW cooking. For 12 hours. So start this at night for the next day.
- 6When finished, remove, open and let set for 30 minutes. Cut against the bias into slices. Drizzle with the juice. (You can add bbq sauce or whatever for sandwiches or eat as is.)
- 7you can put leftovers into containers with plenty of juice and freeze. The juices will make it even more tender when defrosted.