June's Beef Broccoli Stir Fry
Chinese cooks typically use a clean wok for each ingredient. This assures each ingredient maintains its own unique taste.
1 Tbspsherry or white wine
1 Tbspsoya sauce
1 1/2 Tbspoyster sauce
1 Tbspsesame oil
·cooking oil, as needed
How to Make June's Beef Broccoli Stir Fry
- Cut beef into strips that are a approximately 2 inches by 1/8 inches. Put in bowl.
- Add cornstarch, soya sauce and wine to the beef strips. Mix.
- Marinate for at least 15 minutes. Refrigerate if planning to marinate for longer.
- Combine oyster sauce, sugar and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut broccoli into smaller pieces, about six pieces per floret.
- Mince or chop the garlic cloves.
- Add cooking oil to a wok or fry pan. Heat. When hot, add minced garlic and cook, stirring for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and add the beef to the pan. Cook, stirring, until it is lightly browned. This takes about two or three minutes. Avoid over cooking. Remove beef and garlic from pan and wash pan. Alternatively, you could use a second pan.
- Add cooking oil to the pan and heat. When hot, add the broccoli. Cook, stirring, until broccoli starts to soften. This might take about a minute.
- Add the beef to the broccoli and stir. Add the remaining ingredients to the broccoli-beef mixture and heat, stirring.
- Remove from the wok and serve with rice or noodles.