Jimmy's Smoked Brisket
Diane Hopson Smith
I handled the seasoning/rub and Jimmy handled the smoking of this juicy brisket!
The way this was prepared and smoked left a very favorful crunchy crust around a tender and juicy brisket.
Source for "Rub": Amazing Ribs.com
110-lb beef brisket
1 to 2tall cans of beer
·hickory wood chips
3 Tbspblack pepper, (i used a coarse ground)
1 Tbspgranulated sugar
1 Tbsponion powder
2 tspgarlic powder
2 tspdry mustard
2 tspancho powder (or chili powder)
1 tspchipotle powder (or cayenne)
How to Make Jimmy's Smoked Brisket
- Lightly oil brisket with vegetable oil.
- Mix all rub ingredients together; spread generously over meat on all sides. Wrap in plastic wrap and let marinate over night in the fridge.
- Prepare smoker with charcoal and add hickory chips to top of charcoal. You want to smoke brisket slow and low. Temp should be maintained around 225 to 250 degrees.
- Place brisket in a large disposable aluminum pan. Place over coals and smoke low and slow for 10 to 12 hours. Add coal as needed to keep heat going. Occassionally pour beer over brisket.
- Once done, remove from heat and wrap in foil. Let rest for about 1 hour before slicing.