Jeanette's Taco Crunch Casserole
This recipe is in the top 5 I have tried on Just A Pinch... seriously!!! It's super duper easy. I followed the directions to the T... and it was perfect!! We served it with corn but it would also be great with a green salad.
My kids are SUPER picky and they loved this too. They love tacos so I knew just adding Doritos, cheese and the sauce... well, WOW. I will be making this again. Its great for a family on a budget.
- 2 lb
- ground beef
- 1/2 large
- onion, chopped
- 2 pkg
- taco seasoning (we use the lower sodium)
- bag nacho cheese doritos
- 16 oz
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 can(s)
- tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 small
- can rotel
How to Make Jeanette's Taco Crunch Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 12 casserole dish.
- 2Crunch up bag of Doritos and pour into the bottom of the greased pan.
- 3Cook hamburger and onion; drain.
- 4Add taco seasoning and water and cook according to package directions.
- 5Pour hamburger over chips; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 6In a large saucepan, combine the tomato soup, cream of mushroom soup and Rotel. Cook until boiling.
- 7Pour soup mixture over cheese and bake 20-30 minutes until the soup bubbles.
- 8Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.