Jeanette's Taco Crunch Casserole
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This recipe is in the top 5 I have tried on Just A Pinch... seriously!!! It's super duper easy. I followed the directions to the T... and it was perfect!! We served it with corn but it would also be great with a green salad.
My kids are SUPER picky and they loved this too. They love tacos so I knew just adding Doritos, cheese and the sauce... well, WOW. I will be making this again. Its great for a family on a budget. The Test Kitchen
2 lbground beef
1/2 largeonion, chopped
2 pkgtaco seasoning (we use the lower sodium)
1bag nacho cheese doritos
16 ozshredded cheddar cheese
2 can(s)tomato soup, undiluted
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 smallcan rotel
How to Make Jeanette's Taco Crunch Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 12 casserole dish.
- Crunch up bag of Doritos and pour into the bottom of the greased pan.
- Cook hamburger and onion; drain.
- Add taco seasoning and water and cook according to package directions.
- Pour hamburger over chips; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomato soup, cream of mushroom soup and Rotel. Cook until boiling.
- Pour soup mixture over cheese and bake 20-30 minutes until the soup bubbles.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.