Jason's Favorite Meatballs
Photo by Taste of Home.
- 2 c
- italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- dried minced onion
- 2 tsp
- garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 lb
- ground beef
- 8 oz
- cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese, 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- canola oil
- 2 jars (28 ounces each) pizza sauce
- hot cooked pasta or rice or sub rolls
How to Make Jason's Favorite Meatballs
- 1In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- 2Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 3Shape into 48 meatballs.
- 4Stuff a cube of cheese into the center of each meatball, covering the cheese completely with meat.
- 5Roll lightly in flour.
- 6In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain.
- 7Add pizza sauce; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink.
- 8Serve with pasta, rice, or use in sub rolls for meatball subs.